Motor No Go

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motor No Go
From: "Ken" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:28:07 -0800
What's the phrase ? "We got good news and bad news" The good news is the
lower half of the motor, crank, pistons, connecting rods, etc, is ok, the
cylinder head and valve train are ok. The bad news .... the cam has become a
permanent part of the block, it is locked up solid ! It froze so quickly the
cam gear sheared off the cam mounting bolts and the 'nose' of the camshaft.

I've tried pulling on the cam in an effort to dislodge it, no luck. It might
be time for the BFH !!

Anyhow, a question. This is a 1500 motor where the cam normally rides in the
block, no cam bearings per se. Assuming the cam is toast, (a brand new APT
cam), and at least one "cam bearing" is toast, I probably will fit an
earlier cam and bearings in this block. Will the earlier camshafts designed
to work with the early 1300 motors work with a 1500 ? If so, any suggestions
?

Is it Miller time yet ?

Ken C