Motor No Go

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motor No Go
From: "Ken" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 16:37:44 -0800
Not a good day....

Finished putting the doors back on and decided to take her out and see want
the new cam was all about. Up to this point, there's about an hour's engine
time with the new camshaft, less than 2500 on the rest of the engine.

Everything is going fine, running well, oil pressure at 60psi, no unusual
noises,  and the engine stops. I was running about 50 mph or so, starting to
coast to a stoplight and it's like the the key was turned off. Except when I
tried to restart, the starter can't move the flywheel. Very distressing !

Fortunately, not too far from a gas station and a phone (I really do need to
get a cell phone), the Auto Club had us back home in less than an hour.

So, where would you start ?

Ken C