RE: NEW TOPIC - Why did you buy your Spit?

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: NEW TOPIC - Why did you buy your Spit?
From: Rick Gregory <Rick@ncmg.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:05:05 -0600
When I was 17 and a year from graduating from High School - a good friend of
mine had a red 1969 Spitfire, and I was driving my first car, a yellow 1966
Mustang. We ended up renting a house together for the summer and all of our
senior year of school. It took me about four months to get the bug from him,
and I ended up buying a 1971 golden yellow Spitfire that I happened to drive
by on a for sale lot going to work one day. Then I was really hooked.

I sold it when I went in the service in 1975, and regretted it ever since.
So two years ago I bought my current Spitfire. Mid life crisis? Yes and no -
either way, I don't regret it and it is even more fun to drive than when I
was 17. There is no other car like it - no Corvette, BMW, Miata, anything,
that drives like a Spitfire. And it seems that most everyone that owns one
agrees....

Rick Gregory
'74 Spitfire 1500
Great Falls, Montana