Re: NEW TOPIC - Why did you buy your Spit?

To: "Spitfire Bulletin Board (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NEW TOPIC - Why did you buy your Spit?
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:44:33 -0400
Great topic!

I half-owned one in high school with a friend of mine (a really beat 70),
about 17 years ago.

About 7 years ago I decided I wanted a convertible. I was actually looking
for a VW Rabbit convertible, but I stumbled across a couple of
advertisements for Spitfires. Brought back memories of that first one. I
called a couple with no replies back, then went and looked at one and
bought it. It turned out it was too rusty to be worth saving. A week later
the first guy I had called called me back. Went to look at his car and
ended up buying it - that is Freddy the car I still have! I have no regrets
buying the first one though, it has more than paid for itself in parts over
the past seven years.

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine