RE: Noisier after bump

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Noisier after bump
From: Jeff Gruber <jgruber@demainsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 07:34:24 -0500
Following the suggestions from the spitfire list, I took a good look at the
exhaust manifold.

The flange at the end of the manifold (the one that bolts to the exhaust)
is hanging on by a thread.  And it looks like it has been welded before.

I"m going to take it to a local welder today to what they can do.  In the
meantime, I've tied the front end of the exhaust to the car using a coat
hanger, so it won't drop onto the road on the way to the welder.

Thanks to all for the help.