RE: RE: CNN reports BMW pays Phoenix to take over

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, "'Simmons, Reid W'"
Subject: RE: RE: CNN reports BMW pays Phoenix to take over
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 08:54:28 -0400

I agree with you, it sounds so passive..."Have a Matai day!"  Could have
been a Teletubby name.  It does fit the whole concept of recent Japanese car
names;  Accord (agreement, harmony), Prelude ( a musical beginning), Camry (
a nice sounding word with no specific meaning to mono-linguistic citizens of
the U.S. so you can define it any way you want to...)  Of course, the Datsun
Z cars are an exception, but even they are of another era.

How long do you think Mazda considered the name "Zero"?  Could'a been great
name...I could come up with some great ads for that.   Kawasaki doesn't shy
away from some impressive names for their bikes...Ninja, etc.

Terrence N. Banbury
1967 SPITFIRE MK III
1988 Honda Accord lX
1998 Ford Expedition EB