Re: RE: CNN reports BMW pays Phoenix to take over

To: Andy.Gascoigne@gov.ky
Subject: Re: RE: CNN reports BMW pays Phoenix to take over
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, May 11 2000 14:08:53 GMT-0600
I hate the idea of every Tom, Dick and Ford buying up these old names-I don;t
think it keeps the name alive, I think it makes a mockery of our motoring
heritage. (Though I am a wee bit thankful to Ford for 'saving' Jaguar...I await
the F-Type with excitement and joy!)

But, no matter what sort of streamlined, psuedo-retro update they do of these
old cars-they are merely ghosts of the real thing! (And they all look alike!)
Has anyone seen the new T-Bird? Augh!

We enthusiats and we alone keep these names alive by restoring and driving the
real mccoy.

Just my 2 cents,

Laura (you'll never catch me dead in a repro) G.