RE: CNN reports BMW pays Phoenix to take over

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CNN reports BMW pays Phoenix to take over
From: "Marcus Schaper" <mschaper@gvpt.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:57:42 -0400
Well, when I was in England in 97 and the first drawings and pictures of the Z8
surfaced in tabloids, a lot of Brits were excited about the car and were
speculating whether BMW would market it as a Big Healy.
I would go on and claim that BMW is closer to traditional British style than
anyone else. Just compare the MGF and the Z3 and tell me which one looks more
British ....

Marcus

>>> "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us> 5/11/00 8:36:25 >>>

This is all speculation and it may never happen, of course, as you say,
but....I would rather drive a new Triumph than a new MG, however, I would
really be off the idea of driving a BMW produced car with a venerable old
British name.  I wonder how the rest of the list and other LBC owners feel
about this issue.

Terrence N. Banbury
1967 SPITFIRE MK III
1988 Honda Accord lX