Re: Thrust washers

To: "Fred Griffiths" <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thrust washers
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:35:10 -0700
You're scaring me.  I've just ordered a carb rebuild kit and a set of
standard and oversized thrust washers.  I know there is some play, but don't
know how much.  I also have no idea how long its been this way.  I just got
the car a few weeks ago and have only driven it maybe 1 mile since its been
sitting for a while.  When I changed the oil it looked dirty but not
glittery from metal.  Keep me/us posted how it goes and what you have to do.
It'll be very helpful for when I'm doing mine.  Mine is a 76 1500.  Same
engine as a Mk4?
Peter S
See my Spit and other cars at:
http://members.tripod.com/~petersiposs/cars-1.html