Re: Fan/Stereo Wiring Conflict

Subject: Re: Fan/Stereo Wiring Conflict
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:44:44 -0700
You've got too much load for the wiring.  The fan pulls a fair bit of power,
especially when it turns on.  You either have to have thicker wire or
separate it as you said off the solenoid.  The stereo should have a separate
fuse as it pulls much less current.  A relay for the fan would also be the
preferred way.  Relay = low power method to control high power device.
My 1960 Mini has only two fuses and NO relays.  With hi powered lights I put
in dual relays and fuses.  Bosch makes a nice combo relay with a fuse socket
build-in.  Real clean install this way.
Peter S.