Re: [Shop-talk] out of the shop

To: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] out of the shop
From: Dave C <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 20:39:05 -0800
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
On 12/5/2012 7:46 PM, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:
>   I'm wondering if any of you guys have had this
> >surgery on their dominant arm ( surely there are a few)  and what exactly
> >were
> >your limitations and your ways of overcoming.

I didn't have the same surgery, but mine was somewhat similar.  I had to
have some bone planned off the socket part of the shoulder joint where
it was "impinging" on something else.  I had a sling for a week or so
and then little to no mobility for a couple of weeks, then rehab after
about three or four weeks.  It was 3 to 4 months before I was doing
ANYTHING with it at the gym and about a year to 18 months until I was
back to pre-surgery strength and range of motion.    What I can tell you
is that shoulder surgery takes a long time to recover from, and you need
to do EXACTLY what your doc and P.T. tell you to do.  If they say not to
use it, DON'T USE IT. DAMHIKT.

Also, well before surgery ask your doc if he is planning to use a pain
pump, and if he says yes, then do some research on the web and discuss
it with him.  I had one and used it a couple of times and then took it
out the 3rd or 4th day.  There can be some serious long term
complications with their use, however, which, fortunately, I haven't
seen yet.

I already mouse with my left hand due to tendonitis years ago, so that's
not a problem.

Good luck.