[Shop-talk] stripped screw hole in carb

Subject: [Shop-talk] stripped screw hole in carb
From: eltonclark at gmail.com (Elton E. (Tony) Clark)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:55:21 -0500
*Free advice and worth every penny:*
*I'd take that carburetor body to a cycle or outboard shop where they do
helicoils all the time and install all five . . you get a strong repair, you
will retain the original look with original screws, you won't have to drill
out the holes in the top like you would for bigger screws, no stress on your
part, what's not to like, it's only money?!?!*
*Tony - often wrong but always positive *
*

*