Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum
From: Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 01:12:02 -0700
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> I'm still amazed that a corporate entity like Sears acted so quickly
> to make
> things right.

I worked for Sears in the mid-`60s, and about all they were concerned
about then was getting people to use credit for purchases, because it
padded the bottom line nicely.

Christmas `66 was a horror show on steroids.  They'd just come out with
a combination 8mm/Super 8 projector that, at least in our store, had
about a 70% failure rate.  People were coming back for replacements in
droves, and there were none left in stock.  Many a time I was _ordered_,
_under protest_, to take the box upstairs, strip off the old tape and
retape it and bring the box with the busted projector back down to give
the customer as a "replacement."

Pretty much put me off of retail forever, that did.

> I won't discuss the current level of quality in Craftsman tools.

Wouldn't know... haven't bought any since the local store refused to
replace one that had lifetime warranty.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....