Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum

To: "'Mullen, Tim \(IS\)'" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>, "'J.C. Hassall'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum
From: "Clyde Stutzman" <clydestutzman@att.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:14:51 -0600
From:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0LEVIZ5hmhLe4MB3I4PxQt.;_ylu=X
3oDMTExNGFsN2V0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNwRjb2xvA3JlNAR2dGlkAwRsA1dTMQ--?qid=20090207
051755AAQKpUC

The people who make MagLites have a deal with Duracell, EverReady, and
Ray-o-Vac that if one of their batteries fails (and expands, and gets
stuck), then you get a new flashlight.

Read what Mag says, "Mag Instrument does not warrant against battery
leakage, however, we do have agreements with Duracell, Eveready and
Ray-O-Vac that allow us to replace your flashlight. If one of these brands
of batteries is stuck (by leaking in your flashlight), send the flashlight
to us and we will repair or replace the entire flashlight at no charge to
you. We recommend that you ship the flashlight UPS or Postal Insured for
tracking purposes. Please send to; Mag Instrument, Inc., Attn; Warranty
Dept., 1721 E. Locust St., Ontario, Ca. 91761-7769. You pay the freight to
us and we pay it going back. Please also include a letter with your name,
address, phone number and a description of the problem. Don't forget to
indicate what brand of batteries is inside if you know. We will check to
verify that it is Duracell, Eveready and Ray-O-Vac; and if it is, we will
send you a new flashlight at no charge. Occasionally we open the flashlight
and we find it contains leaking batteries that are not Duracell, Eveready
and Ray-O-Vac. In cases of "off-brand" battery leakage, we can replace your
flashlight for a charge of -- $12.00 plus your state's sales tax for a 'C'
or 'D' Mag-LiteR flashlight, or $8.00 plus tax for a Mini-MagliteR
flashlight."