Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum

To: "Clyde Stutzman" <clydestutzman@att.net>, "J.C. Hassall"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum
From: "Mullen, Tim (IS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:00:27 -0600
Clyde Stutzman

> LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY Mag Instrument, Inc. (Mag)
> <...>
> EXCLUSIONS: This warranty does not cover any of the following:
> <...>
> 2. Battery leakage;

I wouldn't expect Mag to replace the flashlight because the battery
failed.

But I would expect the battery company to replace it when their battery
failed.

In fact, they did just that for me several years ago.  I think it was
the Eveready batteries that leaked and became stuck in my flashlight.  I
sent the tube of the flashlight into them (no need to ship the heavy
extra parts - just enough to prove the batteries were stuck and leaking)
and they sent me a check for a new Maglight.

I had another one go bad (keep by the bed in case the lights go out) -
the batteries leaked after about a year.  I have to send that one off to
Eveready too...

Tim Mullen