Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 08:04:25 +0430
Clyde writes...

>I wouldn't expect Mag to replace the flashlight because the battery
failed.

Actually, what I find with most companies, if you are polite and nice,
they will go out of their way to "make things right."  A big corporation
isn't going to sweat giving away a few hundred (or even thousands) of Mag
lights a year.  The good will is well worth the price.  In fact, I'm sure
they build this into their marketing/operating plan.

I think the warrantee reads that way to prevent them from HAVING to
replace each one.  But they are often too willing to keep a good customer
happy.

BTW, I have a close friend that works for GM's Customer Service program.
He is pretty high up the food chain and he gets all the real problem
issues that dealers can't solve.

He tells me that often he knows right away whether or not they are going
to give the customer what they want.

If the conversation starts with something like...  "I can't believe how
bad GM sucks, I'm never buying another product..."  He isn't interested in
helping them.

But the conversations that start with... "I've been a long time GM
customer.  I love GM products, but the problems I'm having with this
issues right now MAY make me have to look at other brands."  That guy is
getting a new car!  8>)

I found that the second line works for just about ever customer service
rep I ever had to deal with.  Try it next time!

Moose
Waldo Emerson