Re: [Shop-talk] sigh...now the pool PUMP is out

To: scott.hall@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] sigh...now the pool PUMP is out
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:49:56 -0400
You didn't say how big the motor is or what the make is.  I have a
Hayward filter, pump and motor.  I had similar problems with mine and
the starting capacitor fixed it.  But, more and more stuff happened, and
I think an additional cause of my issues was wearing bearings.  I
replaced the motor (can't remember the price but way less than $600) and
I found the newer technology resulted in a much quieter motor and pump
assembly which appears to be much more efficient as well.  This is a 3/4
HP motor on a 220v line.