[Shop-talk] hand tool recommendations that don't break the bank

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] hand tool recommendations that don't break the bank
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 17:53:59 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

Anyone have any hand tool recommendations for tool buying on a budget?
I'm outfitting a 2nd toolbox for the race car trailer.  The budget doesn't
allow 'real' tools like snap-on, mac, matco, etc.  I'd even rather not
stretch it to Craftsman.

What I'm looking for specifically is a set of screwdrivers with machined
tips that would include #1, #2, and #3 phillips, plus the usual range of
flat heads.

I'm also looking for a set of six point 1/4" drive regular and deep
sockets in metric and sae.  I found ok versions for this one at HF though.

Any favorites in the bargain bin set out there?

Mark