[Shop-talk] Stainless steel welding

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Stainless steel welding
From: "Chadwick E. Labno" <chad@linuxeg.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 21:31:53 -0500
I need to gas weld a stainless steel exhaust system and I'm looking for
suggestions on the correct filler rod. I heard - read - stainless TIG
rods will work but the counter man at the welding supply tells
me that is a bad choice but could not offer an alternative. Unless I can
find some stainless coat hangers I'm at a loss. Ok, just joking about
the hangers but what I may end up doing is cutting strips off
the exhaust pipes and use that. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
chad