Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts

To: "Doug Braun" <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts
From: "Larry Spector" <lspector@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:59:12 -0500
Yes, air is required for the safety latch release (for lowering only)- as
well as for the rolling jack. I have standard connectors in place, so I just
plug in the air hose whenever it's needed.

I had it delivered to a shop that does lift installations, and they brought
it over on a roll-back. The driver managed to tilt the bed and slide the
package off slowly, right in the middle of my driveway.

I was worried about delivery myself, and this was the easiest way for me to
deal with it (though likely the most expensive). I know that some people
have them delivered to a local freight depot, and then bring them home on
utility trailers. The depot will load the trailer, but you'll need to get it
off yourself.

Hope this helps,

-Larry