RE: 2 vs 4 post lifts

To: "'Matt'" <mbarre@juno.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: 2 vs 4 post lifts
From: "Ron Schmittou" <rs1121@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:19:27 -0600
Usage is the BIG question - I use mine (4 post) primarily for parking /
storage, but it is great for service work as well with the exception
fast tire rotation or suspension work.  If you live in a good climate
and have a level driveway / garage you may want to roll it in and out to
use when cleaning / detailing work.  That is the biggest thing I miss on
moving to the new house is the driveway is to step to roll the work
outside. I had thought about welding up a support rig with removable
rails which would give the best of both - IE: raise the car then slid
the rails across to the wall support and then lower the 4 post lift and
voila the suspension is free, but I am still Garage Space Challenged!

Waiting for the 6 car garage house to come available!

Ron S