Re: Air line piping

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air line piping
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:57:03 -0800
> So will mine, IF you can find the guy who knows how to
> use the machine, AND the machine isn't busted.

Yeah, it's very highly dependent on who's working that day, and how much
else they've got going on.

I ended up getting most of the gas pipe for our house at OSH.  It was
easier to have the guy inside write up the order, then he'd call it back
to the pickup area out back to be cut and threaded.  Pay for it, come
back and pick it all up later.  Typically I was doing about ten pieces
at a time.

That worked well until they hired a new guy out back who couldn't thread
a pipe to save his job.  Not so much that he was careless, it just
didn't look he'd been trained properly.  After I'd returned a few and
hung around to watch what he was doing, I got him to do a few things
differently that pretty much fixed the problem.

John.