Re: Air line piping

To: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Air line piping
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:29:27 -0600
+1 on the copper.

I have a few threaded fittings very near the compressor - two unions, a bunch
of nipples, two filters, a dryer and a big regulator
that takes the 175 from the tank down to 130 for distribution around the
basement and garage - smaller regulators are then used to
meet the individual tool needs. Anyway, back to 'threaded fittings'. I
originally used teflon tape on all the threaded fittings
and they all leaked. Ended up taking it all apart and using teflon paste on
each fitting. Somewhat of a mess to use - like
anti-sieze, it seems to go where you want it and, on average, 4 other places
you didn't - but at least they don't leak anymore.

Everything past the big regulator is 3/4 inch type L copper with 1/2 inch type
L drops. Easy to cut, easy to assemble, easy to
[silver] solder, no leaks, no unions, no hassles. If I want to add something, I
just cut it and add it.

Arvid