RE: and now, computer questions...

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: and now, computer questions...
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 00:34:19 -0700
> comp usa is looking more tempting.  my concern is that the computer
> was used for work, so potentially there's stuff on there I don't want
> someone from the strip mall looking at.
>
> 'course, there's also five years' worth of my son's pictures on
> there.  those will be recovered or I am a dead man.

No reason you can't remove the HD before taking it to them.  However, I'd guess
that, for $99, they will just tell you the first thing they find wrong, rather
than completely testing each component.  And obviously they can't test the HD if
they don't have it.

If the HD does work, no reason you can't add it into your new computer and use
it as a second disk ... having too much disk space is like being too rich.  This
machine has 3 HDs in it, and I need to kick one out so I can install a bigger
one ...

Randall