Air Hammer

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Air Hammer
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 16:55:33 -0500
I picked up an air hammer from Horrible Freight yesterday and the power
is dismal. I tried to use it to bust some tie rod ends and it wouldn't
budge them. The impact force feels about the same as taking an 12 oz
hammer and letting it freefall about two inches. It's been about 20
years since I used an air hammer, but I remember then trying to shake
themselves right out of your hands. Is it defective? Am I expecting too
much of an HF tool? Am I using it wrong?

It is item 47868. Normally $29.99, it was on sale for $9.99.

Jon