Re: Air Hammer

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Air Hammer
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:02:44 -0500
Randall wrote:
> Are you sure it's getting enough air and the throttle is open wide ?

Yep.

> You have to put force against the gun to force the tool back into it for each
> stroke.  If you're doing that and it still feels that weak, then I'd say
> something is wrong with it.  I have what I think is the same tool, and the
> biggest problem I have with it is that it's so powerful it's hard to control.

I braced my whole body weight against it. Is it possible the shaft is
too short on the ball joint tool and the hammer can't get a full stroke?
The other thing I noticed is if I let my push get just a little off
axis, the hammer delivered no force at all. The tool shaft slipped in
easily, so I don't think it was binding.

> A short "whip" hose attached directly to the gun will help, too.  Some
>couplers
> are fairly restrictive.

I buy the good couplers.

Jon