Re: Air Hammer

To: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Subject: Re: Air Hammer
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 23:35:23 -0500
Slightly off the topic, and not answering the question you asked, I have a
suggestion for a neat alternative.  Aircraft Tool Supply (and others, I'm sure)
sell rivet guns that hammer a rivet against a bucking bar.  REAL rivets, not pop
rivets.  I bought one of these to use on my Cobra project.

The biggest difference between these guns and the impact hammers from HF is that
the rivet guns have a teasing trigger.  It controls like an accelerator, slow to
fast, low to high impact.  While essential for riveting, I found that with
cutting heads in particular these give superior control over your task.

ATS brands are currently on sale for $100 or less.  I think they have their
least expensive one available for $85.

http://www.aircraft-tool.com./