I'm not, but Why can't I

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm not, but Why can't I
From: "BOB NOGUEIRA" <nogera@Prodigy.Net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:30:21 -0600
Looking through tool wish books I noticed that the air supply units used for
supplying breathing air while spray painting are pretty expensive for
something that does only one thing, pump  air.  There must be a very good
reason why I've never seem a  "Build your own Portable Breathing Air
Compressor " ?
Aren't they basically  a Vacuum Cleaner set up on 'blow' ?
 This is one of those things that seems so simple that I figured people
would be doing it big time  but since  I've never heard of anyone who has
done it  I figure that there must be some good reason like DEATH involved
Anyone know why its not done ?

Bob Nogueira ( A guy who likes to know why )