Re: I'm not, but Why can't I

To: "BOB NOGUEIRA" <nogera@Prodigy.Net>,
Subject: Re: I'm not, but Why can't I
From: Eric Miller <ebuzz@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:13:27 -0800
I knew I had some info on this and finally found it.  I don't remember
where this came from so I can't give credit to the original author, but I
thought it was an interesting idea so I saved it.  Haven't tried it though.

"From the air compressor (which you sit outside to draw in fresh air) I put
a pressure regulator to drop the pressure to about 1 or 2 psi.  You can buy
these regulators any place that has air stuff for about $14.  They have a
yellow adjustment knob.  I then ran a 1/4 inch low pressure tube to my
respirator.  The trick is to put two latex gloves over the filters of the
respirator.  Put the wrists of the glove over the filters.  Cut a finger
tip off each glove and tie wrap the 1/4 hose into the finger tip.  You'll
need to put a plastic  T on the tube to split it to each glove and filter.
Now when you turn on the air with the regulator and put the mask on, the
gloves will fill with air.  When you breath in, you deflate the gloves, but
they are just the right amount of air.  Between breaths the gloves fill up
with air when the regulator is set right.  Too much air isn't a problem
anyway since it just goes through your mask.  You get fresh air filtered
through the respirator for about $20!"

-Eric Miller