Re: I'm not, but Why can't I

To: "Keith Kaplan" <keithka@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: I'm not, but Why can't I
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@cts.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:05:53 -0800
This is exactly what I did.  Using a Capspray (Wagner) turbine.  It
provided enough air for both the gun and me.  The only side effect is
that the air temp is about 85 degrees (compressional heating in the
turbine), but there is enough air to keep you comfortable at that
temp.  Regular garden hose connections work for that HVLP setup and I
used a drinking water quality hose for my breathing air,  the Tee
being 25 feet back from the gun and me.  It was fine as long as I
didn't stand on the hose too long :-)

This setup works for epoxy primer, regular primers, and urethane
hardened topcoats, although it is a chore to get a good topcoat
application with a turbine setup IMHO.  Something about that hot air,
perhaps.

-Roland

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:45:32 -0800, "Keith Kaplan"