Re: weed trimmers

To: "Timothy R. Hoerning" <hoerni@cooper.edu>
Subject: Re: weed trimmers
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:16:16 -0400
I have an acre and a half with minimal trimming needs. (I've mulched
everything out so I can go in a cut right up to the mulch with my riding
mower.) I've used the smaller of the Craftsman rechargeables for 5 years
with no problems. Decent torque. Doesn't take sting above .090.

Up until this year I got about 25 minutes of continuous use before a
recharge was needed. Now I'm getting less than 10 and need to change the
battery. Takes most of a day to recharge too. I hope that they've
upgraded the battery and charging system since I bought it, with all the
new rechargeable technology that is out there.

I don't think I saved any money over a gas powered one assuming the
replacement batteries are still around $30. But I bought it for the
maintenance free nature. I need another Internal Combustion engine to
maintain like I need another hole in my head.

Jon

"Timothy R. Hoerning" wrote:

>         Since we are on the topic of weed trimmers, does anyone know of a good
> rechargable electric trimmer?  I have a pretty small lot and doubt I would
> have a problem doing the whole thing on one charge, but I was wondering if
> anyone has any experience.  Thanks.
>
>                 Tim

///