Re: weed trimmers

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Subject: Re: weed trimmers
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 07:34:52 -0700
On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 08:53:01AM -0400, Nolan Penney wrote:

> This may not  be what you want to hear.
>
> I've had several different types over the years.  From Poulan to Stihl, with
>some Royobi and Mac and such tossed in.  Of them all, the Stihls were far and
>away the best.  As in so vastly superior that there is no comparison of it to
>anything else I've ever used.   Superbly balanced, extremely powerfull, always
>start easily, run well, and many specialized accessories if I want them.

I'll second the Stihl recommendation.  We also have a Ryobi and it's
a pile of $&^T&^% in comparison.

The best weed-trimmer I have however is a 42" brush hog on the back of
a compact diesel tractor.  It used to take two of us most of a morning
to trim the driveway with the weed eater.  Now it's about 20 minutes
with the brush hog, adding 10 if I have to remove another
attachment from the tractor first.

Eric

///