Re: TD mark II question(s)

To: Lawrie@britcars.com, krislynco.llc@adelphia.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD mark II question(s)
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:50:19 EST
In a message dated 1/24/2007 7:29:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Lawrie@britcars.com writes:

> FWIW, I have tried, and do not like, those odd red rubber-like gaskets. Old
> fashioned cork works a lot better, IMNSHO....

I agree with Lawrie except on the SA....that big long valve cover warps and
no cork composition gasket and stop the leaks....so on it I used a fairly thick
oil resistant rubber foam.  As far as the rear core plug, you might get one
of those brass expandable temp plugs in there but to do it right, You'll have
to pull the engine....then best to replace them all and don't forget they are
metric.
Terry