Re: TD mark II question(s)

To: "krislynco.llc" <krislynco.llc@adelphia.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD mark II question(s)
From: "Britcars.com" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:28:21 -0800
Rocky,

For many years, I have solved the "porous rocker cover gasket" problem by a
very simple expedient: when gluing a new one to the head with Gasgacinch, I
coat the inside, vertical surface of the gasket with the sealant as well.
This effectively seals the cork and prevents the oil soaking into it. Gluing
the gasket only to the head provides a seal at the base of the gasket, while
allowing the valve cover to be removed for periodic valve adjustments
without disturbing the gasket.

FWIW, I have tried, and do not like, those odd red rubber-like gaskets. Old
fashioned cork works a lot better, IMNSHO....

Lawrie