Re: TD mark II question(s)

To: "krislynco.llc" <krislynco.llc@adelphia.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD mark II question(s)
From: "Brian & Jan" <btsmith@island.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:31:51 -0800
Congratulations! You will probably want to remove the engine or at least
pull it forward to get a little clearance if you are planning on replacing
that plug. You will get lots of advise with respect to the rocker cover
gasket but my experience so far is that the new ones supplied these days are
noticably thinner and the shape is slightly different from the ones
available a number of years ago. I had one that was about 20 years old (NOS)
that fit great and doesn't leak whereas the newer ones kept leaking. I did
purchase one of those new "neoprene" ones a while back that I will use if
this one ever leaks. I have read that they are excellent but don't have
personal experience with it. They are advertised on Ebay from time to time.

Brian