Re: British Number Plates, Badge Bars and Driving Lights

To: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: British Number Plates, Badge Bars and Driving Lights
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:46:07 -0500
Charlie:

Your roads must be better. At least better than the Pensy turnpike back
in the 70's when I drove it and some of the local state roads. No
Interstates here: I am 80 miles from I29, 100 Miles from I94. and 150
miles from I90.

Also, you must have a garage with a lock and key on it which no one can
get into. My MG sits in the attached garage and someone always managed
to knock the lights out of line between the few nightime driving
sessions.

A little bit of ingenuity and a bracket could be made to mount the
SLR/SFTs the same way I did the RayDyots.

In regards to cooling, with the many 100d+ days we had, driving the MG
(any great distance at road speed) was out many times. Of course 35-50
MPH head winds don't help either. Actually driving into the wind is
better for the cooling than driving with. Even though the tail wind
decreases the power, the difference in airflow causes the engine to run
hotter with a stronger tail wind.

Regards,
Blake