Re: First Cranking in a While

To: RParkinson@amestextile.com
Subject: Re: First Cranking in a While
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:12:33 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/2005 8:59:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
RParkinson@AMESTEXTILE.com writes:

> Does anyone have a pressurized
> pre-luber permanently mounted on a T-series and how has it worked out
> for you?

Ron, I've never seen one on a road car....but I just described to Bill how I
made one for use when first starting up engines....probably clear as mud, but
here it is and it works for me:

 What I did was to buy the biggest T fitting I could find in the plumbing
dept. of the hardware store and 3 end caps. on the ends of the T, drill and tap
the caps so that your air compressor connects to one end with a quick
disconnect fitting...dial you air compressor down to about 20 pounds.  On the
other
end, drill and tap for a fitting and line similar to your block to gauge
fittings. Connect this into the block where the gauge used to fit.  The cap on
the leg
of the fitting is used to fill the T with oil.  Then put the cap back on,
pressurize it with your AC and the oil will be forced into the block both ways:
up into the rockers and down into the bearings.....fill up your oil filter too.
If you have one of the horizontal filters, then you'll have to let the pump
do that.