Re: First Cranking in a While

To: wtsnyder@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: First Cranking in a While
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:58:00 EDT
Bill, In addition to what Bob sez, I'd disconnect the oil pressure gauge and
connect a pre-oiler and force oil in until it shows up at the rockers before
firing....or if you have enough battery power spin like Bob sez until you get
oil at the rockers however during this time your main and cam bearings are
running mostly dry...not good.  You will most likely have lost the prime in
your
oil pump too...so depending on what oil pump you have, prime it again.

You can make a preoiler oout of large dia. Sked 40 plastic pipe.  Somewhere
around here I have the plans to do it but you might google it too.

Good Luck
Terry