Re: TD Negative Ground Conversion

To: MG-T <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD Negative Ground Conversion
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:23:38 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:06 -0400, Bill Snyder wrote:

> My '53 TD is getting a little closer to completion and I am considering
> a conversion to a Negative Ground electrical system. I haven't seen this
> discussed on the T-list and wanted your input including advantages and
> disadvantages, as well as steps needed to accomplish the task. I
> converted my '66B and consider it the best non-stock improvement I have
> made on that car, with the possible exception of Petronix ignition.

You said it's "the best non-stock improvement I have made", but you didn't
say why.  What do you expect to gain by switching polarity on your TD?
It makes sense if you want to install electronic equipment that requires
negative ground, but serves no purpose otherwise.  It doesn't give you
better ignition or anything else related to performance or reliability.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC
Cub Hill, Maryland     TC6710  XPAG7430