Re: TSO CD Rom

To: "TATERRY@aol.com" <TATERRY@aol.com>, <rthompson2666@houston.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: TSO CD Rom
From: Stu Keen <simbafish@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:35:34 -0500
Terry

You can do a word search of the entire TSO disk (ie. All issues of TSO) with
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional (and maybe other versions) by first
instructing your computer to do a word search which then gives you the
following options

Where would you like to search?

A) In the current PDF documentation        or

B) ALL PDF Documents in

Chose the second (latter) option with the pull down window

<Pull down window> - defaults to "All Local Disks" but then use the pull
down window to search for and select the TSO disk. This will instruct all
issues to be searched for your word.

WARNING: Because of the mass of data, searching will take a LONG time. Go
have dinner or wash the TD. I did a search for "Mk II" last night, found
around 115 locations, but it had only completed the search after I cooked
dinner, ate it, washed the dishes and played with the dog Scooby. But it
does work!

This was all done on a new iMac G5 but suspect the operation would be
similar on a PC.

Stu Keen 51 MG TD MkII