Re: TSO CD Rom

To: rthompson2666@houston.rr.com, mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TSO CD Rom
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:10:00 EST
In a message dated 1/25/2005 4:59:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rthompson2666@houston.rr.com writes:

> I find that mine works very much like Terry states.  However I have found
> that my system will hang up and not display anything you select on the
> technical or issues options.  It just hangs up on the page that has these
> two indexes on the left.  An exit and restart of the program did not help.
> Restart of computer did not help, I had to turn it off and then it would
> once again work.  This has happened several times.  This seems to happen if
> I exit the program then try to restart it.
>
> I find that the search option is a bit of a pain as it only searches one
> issue over the forty years and then asks if you want to continue on to the
> next issue.  One hit at a time and you must answer after each issue if you
> want to search the next issue.  It is not very user friendly.  I have also
> found that there is nothing under the title of Electrical Equipment in the
> Technical Article Index.  We all know there have been articles on this
> subject many times in over 40 years.
>
> Roger

I haven't had the freeze up problem but have heard that firewalls and other
blockers can affect Adobe operations.  I have an IBM computer but would not
expect the brand to be a problem.  There is an admonition that you should only
have one verison of Adobe on the computer.  I've asked why there isn't anything
under Electrical Equip and will advise when I hear something.  There has been
a thread established at the main UK MG site under MG T BBS to address these
problems so that will be best place to monitor developments.
Terry

ps, apparently there is a way to have Adobe search the entire disc as opposed
to having the program itself do the search issue by issue.  I haven't figured
out how to do this yet.