RE: TC engine shudder

To: timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TC engine shudder
From: "Mike Eldred" <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:04:28 -0400
Tim,

Ha! I think you just have to learn to deal with it - I find letting the
clutch out as soon as possible, with the lowest RPMs possible helps.  I try
not to give it much fuel at all until the clutch is completely out.

I have a TF with low origninal miles - and it shudders in reverse, too.  Has
ever since I can remember - and my father owned the car since the mid '60s.
Recently, a friend of mine and I went for a drive in the TF.  He used to own
Austin Healeys.  As soon as we started reversing out of the driveway and it
started shuddering, he commented"  "Oh, so they ALL do that."  He said the
Healeys did the exact same thing.
So, I wouldn't spend too much time trying to track down the "problem."

-Mike Eldred
Wilmington, VT
'54 TF 1250