RE: TC engine shudder

To: "'tnewton'" <timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au>,
Subject: RE: TC engine shudder
From: "Gene Gillam" <anngene@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:08:46 -0500
Tim asks:
>Am I right in my  recall that someone on the list mentioned that the
engine has a bracket at the rear that also supports the engine, and it
is not unusual for this to crack and requires replacement or welding?<

Tim,

The bracket you're referring to is the aluminum bracket on the back of
the transmission that has two bolts on either side at the bottom holding
it to the rubber mounts on the chassis cross brace.  I've seen the right
hand (driver's side) bracket broken on at least three TC's - this can be
welded (and if you contact Bob Grunau [grunau.garage@sympatico.ca] you
can buy two metal plates that can be used with the bracket to strengthen
it so it will never break again).

As to the shudder when reversing - damn good question...if you ever find
an answer let me know.  Mine does the same thing (and only in reverse)
and it has a new clutch and pressure plate.

Regards,
Gene Gillam
Saucier, MS

---