Re: TC REAR Chatter

To: "Krislyn Co. LLC" <Krislynco.llc@adelphia.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TC REAR Chatter
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 00:16:46 -0500
Krislyn Co. LLC wrote:

> Hello
>
> dont know who asked about the reverse shudder/hopping....but my TD still
> experiences that despite a concourse restoration (yep all NEW parts related
> thereto) ...it still does it..it seems higher engine rpm and easier yet more
> thorough release delivery seem to eliminate or minimize it Im confused yet not
> surprised at the other Gentlemen's complaint
>
> UPDATE:there is a fellow who put out a clutch bulletin on revisions that are a
> must for the TC thru TF cars and that (in his words) you'll be amazed at the
> difference in the vehicles clutching performance...maybe this will help this
> reverse chatter/hop...i'll find the update and send it sometime tonite...stay
> tuned!

Was thinking about this. The clutch is still operating in the same
direction in reverse as it does in the other gears, so why would it
shudder only in reverse? Sounds to me like it's something in the
drive-line, U-joints, etc. or the mount configuration.

Might be worn U-joints, jumping around when reverse-driven.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
JJ Cale Live CD and video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm
The Wednesday Night Science Project: http://www.wednitesciproj.us