Tubeless Radials?

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Tubeless Radials?
From: "Bob Mitchell" <skunk149@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:21:52 -0400
I swapped the bias ply tires on my '53 TD Mk II for Dunlop SP20 A/S 165R15's
I sent the wheels out for sandblasting, primed 'em with commercial Metal
Etch primer, sprayed with Rustoleum silver, then painted the fronts with
Moss prototype silver wheel paint. I found a great guy @ Town Fair Tire, who
owns a TR6, and he told me the wheels are so "nice", no tubes are needed
with the new radials. I've heard that the antiquated rim design, combined
with the stickiness of the radials, demands a tube be installed, in case
they seperate from ea. other.
Is this ano. Top Oiler-type story, where there is no definitive "right"
answer? Will I soon be driving on my once-shiny silver rims on the
Interstate??