Re: Tubeless Radials?

To: "Bob Mitchell" <skunk149@hotmail.com>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tubeless Radials?
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 17:43:36 -0400
At 02:21 PM 08/18/2001 -0400, Bob Mitchell wrote:
>I swapped the bias ply tires on my '53 TD Mk II for Dunlop SP20 A/S 165R15's
>I sent the wheels out for sandblasting, primed 'em with commercial Metal
>Etch primer, sprayed with Rustoleum silver, then painted the fronts with
>Moss prototype silver wheel paint. I found a great guy @ Town Fair Tire, who
>owns a TR6, and he told me the wheels are so "nice", no tubes are needed
>with the new radials. I've heard that the antiquated rim design, combined
>with the stickiness of the radials, demands a tube be installed, in case
>they seperate from ea. other.
>Is this ano. Top Oiler-type story, where there is no definitive "right"
>answer? Will I soon be driving on my once-shiny silver rims on the
>Interstate??
 Bob,

The New England MGT Register has an event at most GOF's called Safety Fast.
The T types are put on a lift and inspected by a team of experts as to
safety not looks. ( You would be amazed at the number of $40,000
restorations that don't pass, while some "drivers" score perfect)

Some items are considered so dangerous that they will get an automatic
failure. Having no tubes  in a tubeless is one of them.

Mike