Re: Tubeless Radials?

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tubeless Radials?
From: DickShaler@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 15:25:19 EDT
Bob,  As Terry says use tubes.  But be certain you get good quality tubes
made for radial tires.  I once had to use a bias ply tube on the TD and only
drove  a few hundred miles before shredding the tube.  But it got me home and
at the time that was the important thing.  If you don't use tubes on the TD
wheels they will hold air for a week or two then gradually go flat.
You should also inspect the inside of the radial tire.  Some examples seem to
have in addition to the normal ridges some very rough spots which will
eventually wear through the tube.

Dick