TD Brake Linings

To: "mg-t" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Brake Linings
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:25:59 -0500
I have a set of very old brake linings (maybe 40 years old) that I took off
my TD many moons ago because they were oil soaked. I notice that these old
linings are twice as thick as the new ones I recently purchased from Moss.
Which ones are right? Were extra thick linings an option at one time ?
(Perhaps for drums that were turned down quite a bit.) I had to use up half
of the adjusting range on the new thin linings.

BTW: Is there any way to make the old oil soaked linings good again? I was
thinking of soaking them in gasoline overnight.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336