Fw: Re: TD Brake Linings

To: bobmgtd@home.com
Subject: Fw: Re: TD Brake Linings
From: rkegg@juno.com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:41:21 -0400
Bob,
        Once a set of linings has been contaminated with brake fluid, they are
ruined. Soaking them in gasoline is the first part of an old trick to fix
a car by the side of the road until you can get around to replacing the
linings. After soaking the linings in gas, you "flambay" (spelling?) them
by lighting the soaked linings. The fire will burn out the brake fluid.
It also damages the linings, but a repair like this will get you home
from a trip when parts are not available.

Randy Kegg
TC9690