Re: TD Brake Linings

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Subject: Re: TD Brake Linings
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:09:34 -0500
"Bob D." wrote:

> BTW: Is there any way to make the old oil soaked linings good again? I was
> thinking of soaking them in gasoline overnight.
>
> Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
> Email - bobmgtd@home.com
> 52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
> 71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336

Bob,

Don't think gasoline is a good idea.  Any petroleum product would still
leave some oil behind.  Not to mention the safety issues with gasoline.
If you can find it, trichlorethylene is good at taking oil out of
everything - including skin. Used to be avilable as a brake cleaner.
Haven't checked lately, though.  Probably depends on how strict the
environmental regs are in your area.

Regards,
Charles Hill